Client: Port Authority of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
The proposal for the CEF Transport Call includes studies and works to be developed by four partners: Port Authority of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Port of Zeebrugge, Flota Suardiaz and Tenerife’s Free Trade Zone.
The works and studies of this proposal are intended to become the first phase of a larger global project aiming to the development and full operation of a Motorway of the Sea connection between Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Zeebrugge with LNG powered vessels.
The activities included in the proposal are 9, combining studies, works and coordination and dissemination of the work done:
1. Technical design and site supervision of infrastructure for a refrigerated cross-docking plant in Tenerife’s Free Trade Zone.
2. Construction of the cross-docking plant in Tenerife’s Free Trade Zone. Permission granted.
3. Construction of new quay wall at Hanze Terminal in Zeebrugge for RoRo ships.
4. Construction of new docking place for a LNG Bunker Vessel in the Port of Zeebrugge.
5. Study on the adaptation of ship to LNG fuel to be used in the connection Zeebrugge-Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
6. Optimization of Tenerife foreland connections, study to ensure the sustainability of the Zeebrugge-Tenerife connection.
7. Study to increase the security measures in Tenerife’s Free Trade Zone.
8. Dissemination and comunication.
9. Coordination and technical secretariat.